All of the information about the reopening of schools can be found on this page. We will continue to update this page when new information becomes available. We suggest bookmarking this page and checking back frequently for updates.
District-wide Reopening Plan
All of the information regarding the reopening plan framework for the Wyandanch UFSD can be found in the bulleted list below:
- The official framework for reopening schools in the Wyandanch Union Free School District can be find here: Reopening Schools Plan Please read the plan carefully and thoroughly.
- We are in the process of creating a video series that explains the reopening plan and safety protocols. Once available they will be posted here
Building Specific Reopening Protocols & Procedures
- Lafrancis Hardiman Annex & Elementary
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary
- Milton L. Olive Middle
- Wyandanch Memorial High School
Each principal will hold a stakeholder conversation about the Ready-Reset-Restart plans.
LFH/Annex/MLK Zoom Meeting Recording
MLO Zoom Meeting Recording
WMHS Zoom Meeting Recording
Please Join Wyandanch Schools for Ready Reset Restart - July 30 2020
Our number one goal for our students and staff is health and safety. We have developed a series of protocols that will be followed district-wide during the COVID-19 pandemic. The protocols can be found in the district-wide framework. Please note the specific protocols for facility usage.
Reopening Schools Survey Results
We conducted a survey with the community to gather input on multiple issues including child care, transportation, flexible schedules, and concerns with returning to school. The results of this survey can be found here:
Breakfast and Lunch Services
The district will continue to provide breakfast and lunch for students regardless of which method of instruction is chosen. Detailed information will be forthcoming.