Ms. Denise Gibbs
Asst. Supt. Of Pupil Personnel Services
1445 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Wyandanch, NY 11798
The Office of Pupil Personnel Services provides the link between the school, community, and family. A major goal is of this office is to provide academic, psychological, social and physical services to all district students. Pupil personnel workers are specialist trained to assess student needs, serve as student advocates, and act as a motivating force in removing barriers to student achievement. Pupil personnel services includes being an advocate for all students; a consultant to school staff and parents; the school system liaison; and referral source to outside agencies.
- Assisting students and their parents as they navigate through the educational system.
- Consulting with school personnel and parents in providing appropriate systems, information and supports to meet individual needs.
- Serving as a liaison between the school and the home.
- Reffering students and families to outside agencies.
- Providing health care and medical services.
- Developing and verifying academic paths to graduation.
- The Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) is yet another initiative for Administrators and the PPS team. Believing that courtesy is the key, this office spear heads the charge to insist that the district develops and maintains an environment conducive to acceptance and unity. See related links.